Unique baby names...

My husband and I will soon find out what we are having so we have been searching for unique baby names. I have a gut feeling that we are having a girl, so right now I have been focused on girl names lol. Anyway, my mother in-law is driving me crazy and turns her nose at every name we mention, however the names she likes for a girl are terrible. My husband's name is Shawn, she thinks we should name our baby Shawndra or Shawna if we have a girl....Ummm, NO!!!!!!!! I really like the name Makaylee Rae. It's different and I like Kaylee for short (But of course she doesn't like it lol). Any suggestions on some different baby names that arent used often? :)

SDA722

Asked by SDA722 at 5:24 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• First, quit telling her the names you are thinking of. Do you have a baby name book? Also you can do a google search of some unique names. Sorry, I don't have any off the top of my head. But QUIT TELLING HER NAMES YOU'RE CONSIDERING!!! =)
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:28 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Krystal is my daughters name!! i wouldnt even tell her wat your going to call or lil one until birth leave it as a suprise to her and everyone about the sex and name.... thats a better decision
    Lisa_7777

Answer by Lisa_7777 at 5:35 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I like Makaylee......but would personally spell it MaKaylie (just not a fan of "lee" ).
    My fav girl name was Madigan (NN Madi) but my DH vetoed it.
    My DD's MN is Devi (PN like Levi, but with a D).....I've never meet anyone else with that name.
    But I think the most important thing is that you and DH find a name that you love and quite sharing with MIL. Just tell them that you're keeping it a secret until the baby is born.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 5:35 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I agree, stop telling her what your choices are. The decision should be between you and your DH and it's best to refrain from telling others if you really like a name. It doesn't matter if no one else likes it, it matters if YOU and DH like it! Good luck mama!
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 5:38 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Its your baby, quit sharing your possible names with your MIL as it isn't her business.

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Luz-Ella Sarai

Luz is spanish for light and you can call her lucy for short, or ella, elly, lulu, sarai, sara.
    *sarai is from the bible. Sarah and abraham had a baby at 90 years old, when sarahgave birth to Issac god told sarah to drop the "h"from her name and replace it with an "i"

If i ever hav a girl this will be her name

if not for a boy i would pick Justus Emillio
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 5:42 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• omgsh i love makaylee! thats so cute :D

how about Elsa ;)
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 5:48 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Actually Sarai became SARAH and Abram became ABRAHAM AFTER they had their 1st child.
    Anonymous

• oh my!! my mistake..guess i didnt remember that story as well as i though..same difference Sarai is a beautiful name IMO
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 5:55 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• wonderful
    fyeefatboi

Answer by fyeefatboi at 9:02 PM on Jul. 5, 2011