Does any one think the way Im going to spell my sons name is wrong ??

I'm told the proper way or the best way is Tristan... But I was going to spell it Tristen.. The reason I'm asking is because I don't want him to have to live with knowing his name is spelt wrong if that's the wrong way. Or does it really matter ??

KatelynH

Asked by KatelynH at 6:26 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Baby Names

• I don't think it matters at all! I've seen Melissa spelt Mellissa, Jenny can be Ginny, my niece's name is spelt Kylei rather than Kylie, and then there's my nephew, Jaydin, but that name could be spelt Jaydon or Jayden, and probably lots of other ways, too. I actually like the spelling of Tristen better than Tristan...don't know why.
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 6:28 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• It's usually spelled Tristan... But that doesn't mean you can't give it your own personal spin. With all the wacky names out there, is there really a wrong way to spell anything? As far as alternative spellings, yours is pretty mild, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:29 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I personally prefer it spelled -an.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 6:28 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Go with an.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 6:29 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Don't think it matters but for a boy I say -an. If it were for a girl, I would say -en. Sound it out, see the difference?
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 6:29 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Totally up to you. Go with the -en. Its great!!!
    Love138

Answer by Love138 at 6:37 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• It's your baby and your spelling.. I don't see anything wrong with Tristen! I know someone who named her son that but spelled it Tristian or something like that.
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 6:39 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Its not a major difference at all, its not going to cause drama in his life between it being A or E, I prefer A though.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 7:00 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• it does not matter at all
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:01 PM on Jul. 5, 2011