Increased Appetite?

So obviously the farther along you get the less you really want to eat because you dont have much room left. I'm 38 weeks today and for the last month or so I havent been wanting to eat because of lack of space but today I am starving. I'll eat till I'm so stuffed I cant move then 15 minutes later I'm starving again and my stomach is growling. I hear women tell stories of certain ways they felt before labor and all that. Has anyone felt an increased appetite before they went into labor?

SMG1120

Asked by SMG1120 at 6:39 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Not me. And before you go into labor, you'll be sorry if your stomach is full. If they have to do an emergency C-section, having a full stomach could be life-threatening. They might want to pump your stomach. Not to scare you, but if you really think you are starting labor, then you need to stop eating. Suck an ice chip if you must.

I'm not sure what the increased appetite is from. Probably hormones shifting around. If it continues, talk to your doctor about it.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 9:52 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I would have to disagree. I have had a spike in appetite towards the end of both my pregnancies. However, once the labour started I had ZERO interest in eating. Even before I had strong contractions. For my first I was starving for about a week before hand, then my water broke and I had no appetite for 24 hours (the labour lasted 14 but I wasn't hungry for the rest of the day after she was born). I feel like it's your body's way of gearing up for the big event.

Every body and every labour is different.
    makeitmackey

Answer by makeitmackey at 3:12 PM on Aug. 1, 2011