Preclempsia?

what is preclempsia what causes it and can you get it after youve already been tested at the clinic and the test were normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• yeah you can get it at any time really its a combination of high blood pressure and quite a few other symptoms it can be swelling, protein in the urine etc..........I got it at about 34 weeks and was put into hospital on bedrest, as when I went to the DR I had traces of protein in my urine, I was on BP meds from about 20 weeks, I had my healthy daughter at 34 weeks and 6 days, you just have to make sure your being monitored well if you could be prone to getting it, having your urine tested alot all of that, if you have a good Dr who is on top of it it should be fine, but it can be dangerous if not looked after, if I didnt have the care I did my daughter probably would be here.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Its extremely high blood pressure. It can cause serious problems for mom and baby. It can progress to eclampsia which causes seizures and may cause death. Yes you can get it at any time during pregnancy, mostly it develops after 20 weeks. It can show up even after you are tested, thats why they check at every visit. They do not know what causes it and there is no way to prevent it. Signs are constant headaches, vision changes, upper abdominal pain, severe sudden swelling of hands/feet, high blood pressure and protien in the urine.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• my legs are very swollen i dont know if its the heat and my feet have been hurtng everymorning like if i wore heels the day before and i got ver dizzy and couldnt breath earlier today so i wasnt sure if those might be signs my sisterin law told me to call the doc but i just hate to because to them im paranoid and everything is either normal or im greaving because my dad passed away ??
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:00 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I would call just to make sure. You dont have to have all the sympotoms to have preeclampsia. You can have one or 2 of them. So I would call and get checked out. It can be very dangerous if not taken care of and you can lose baby. My husbands sister had it and they caught it to late. She lost baby and now she can never have anymore kids.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 8:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2011