Whats is your homescool schedule during the school year?

How old are your children?

-8-9 we do PE/Breakfast/Showers
9-11-we do core subjects with 5 minute breaks in between each.
11-11:30--lunch/free time
11:30-noon Choice Learning
noon-1--play at park
1-1:30--leap frog learning games

Then we are officially done
he is 7 years old.

I also have a 3 year old and I am thinking, how will I teach both ages when my 3 year old is ready

currently my 3 year old does art, tracing, leap frog for his age group, videos, and I play with him while my son is working alone. My husband is also home a lot, he only works about 20 hours a week, scattered, so he is also hlping a lot.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in

• No schedule at all. We unschool. It took me a while to fully trust and go with this but it's been amazing for increasing their natural interest in life and learning. A no stress choice for parents too. Check it out? http://www.daynamartin.com/#!videos

Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 8:31 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I have been homeschooling for five years now. At first I was convinced we needed a schedule, but we grew out of the structure. There's too many field trips to take and a lot of rote memory "stuff" that doesn't actually need done. We aren't unschoolers- I think there are plenty of things kids need to know to be prepared for the adult world that exists, but we aren't tied down to curriculum and schedules. Life is too short to schedule lunch.
    bettyjeanmarino

Answer by bettyjeanmarino at 3:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• The CafeMom Happy Homeschoolers group has many wise woman

Answer by rkoloms at 10:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I agree with PP
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:57 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

Next question in
Just had my grad pictures

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
Preclempsia?