Tell your children to stop throwing stuff at my door!

My friend was telling me this the other day cause it happen to her. The neighbor kids were throwing poppers( snaps) at her door , she told the children as she was cleaning up the huge mess they made to stop throwing them, they took off runnig and she clean up the mess and went inside hoping they would stop. It happen three days in a row and she was pissed that it kept happening. Well As she was walking down the stairs she seen the little kid throw the snap at her door and then she hurried and open the door walked to there house and knocked on the door but no one answered and the kids ran to the back. Well she walked into the backyard found the parents and asked them if they can tell them to stop throwing stuff at her door. Well the dad said yes we will sorry. But the mom started yelling saying , " they weren't throwing it at your door they threw it at her friends( little girls firends) door." my friend replied, " I seen them do it with my own eyes! " The mom replied, " if it is such a big deal then call the police." the whole time her husband was telling her to hush but she kept running her mom.

If this was you what would you do?

I told my friend the next time it happens don't call the POLICE they have better things to do then take care of her kids and teach them right from wrong so I told her to call CPS. IF the mom has no desire to parent her children then to just report them.. The mom doesn't even take care of them.. The police have better things to do then watch her kids. I also told her if it continues to press charges for vadalism.. The kids need to learn some respect and so does the mom.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• No, it's not. CPS is stretched as thin as it can be. There are thousands of children in the country that are in real, life-threatening danger that aren't/can't get help because CPS doesn't have the funding or employees to help them. Wasting even more of CPS's resources over some popper and ill-behaved kids is a horrible idea.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 7:05 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• To press charges for vandalism your friend would have to call the police.. Not sure if CPS would "do" anything.. Sounds like a childhood prank to me..Have your friend just talk with dad if it continues and then the cops..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:01 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• CPS has better things to do as well like make sure kids are not getting abused and neglected. Involving them and wasting their time on this type of dispute is a little over-kill. Not to mention, if your friend is going to press charges for vandalism...she will NEED to call the police. Which I also feel is a little much.

Personally, I wouldn't let it bother me so much.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 7:02 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• CPS good plan!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 6:59 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I'd do as the mom asked and let her deal with the fallout.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 7:13 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• i don't know if I'd even bother with the cops. Definitely NOT CPS!!
    The parents are aware now and if it escalated to something else,then I'd call the cops.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:13 PM on Jul. 5, 2011