New parenting style, or do I live under a rock?

Yesterday my DD and I were in the local Walmart. We were in the diaper isle with one other customer. The womans cell phone rang and she imediately became hostile with what my DD and I could only assume was her child and said, and I am quoting here.."Listen mother fu$%^r I'm bout ready to crack you down to the white meat, I'm bout sick of your shit"! Now I have never heard such an expression but I imagine being cracked down to the white meat is not a good thing. I must live under a rock because in my 42 yrs I have never heard a parent speak to their child like this. Is it just me being niave? Or is this common practice these days?

salexander

Asked by salexander at 1:00 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Just for Fun

• "Crack you down to the white meat" is the new name of my band, if I ever get one together."

Can I be a groupie? LOL! I love it.

People at Wal-Mart scare me, seriously. Especially in the baby section. I'm a newb to that area since I'm still pregnant, but I swear, they need to make those aisles about five feet wider on each side. There's ALWAYS like ten people trying to cart their babies down the aisle, and they don't give a flying phuck if you need to get something in their general vicinity. Oh wait, that sounds like the rest of Wal-Mart as well >:(
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:31 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I am going to assume she was talking to someone else on the other end. I don't think a mother would talk to a child like that. Maybe she was having a boyfriend or harrassment issue. Sounds like that would be more possible. ???
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:01 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• that is awful and to be honest that is what is wrong with the world today being brought up by parents like that ,who can blame kids growing up to be disfunctional misfits when you have a mother like that.
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 1:02 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I'm curious what was said that led to the conclusion it must be a child?

Abuse isn't anything new - whether it be verbal or physical.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:05 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Well there were other parts of the conversation like something about keeping their sister out of trouble until she got home..so I am confident that it was a child she was speaking to.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My word!!! After my mat leave was over after my second child I went back to school. I was very stressed as I came to the end of my course and was struggling with studying for exams and having 2 toddlers at home with a husband who was working 12 ot shifts all the time to pay for my course (bless him!). To top it all off I was pregnant and had developed depression, I was in a very bad way and went into school one day and just broke down crying. A friend asked and I told her that I was so upset with my kids that I had told my 3 yr old to shut up. Another classmate said it was no big deal she tell's her 3 yr old to shut her F***ing mouth. That she's stupid and so on and so on. My jaw dropped to the floor because she was telling me this like it was no problem and that everyone talks like that to their kids. Can't believe it and she's pregnant again!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:13 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• If that's a new parenting style, then I must be living under the same rock you are. I would never speak to my child that way. I cannot imagine speaking to my child that way, even when he is an adult. I don't think I could even speak to anyone else that way, barring them being a stalker or something. Wow!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Ok, first of all, I am ALL ABOUT that phrase.

"Crack you down to the white meat" is the new name of my band, if I ever get one together.

Secondly - I am assuming that the OP must not have teenage children or ever been a teenager? I certainly frustrated my saintly parents to a level hitherto unmeasureable by geiger counters and I can only imagine that tthey felt like saying that to me.

Do not judge what ye overhear in the aisles of Wally-Mart....

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 1:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Oh, and the worst mother I ever saw at Wal-Mart was wailing on her daughter in the parking lot. Her daughter was screaming and crying because her mom was hitting her and telling her to "shut the phuck up". I wanted to do something. Nobody even flinched :( Tis sad.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:33 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Oh I hear people talk like that to their kids all the time. Its nothing new, in fact it's pretty common... I don't talk like that to my kid though. I try to respect her and talk to her respectfully in hopes she will respect other people. So far, so good.
    aridattebayo

Answer by aridattebayo at 1:48 PM on Dec. 16, 2008