Afraid

So my mother and I were never that close because she was a single parent and so she worked a lot and went on dates a lot therefore my grandmother ended up raising me, becoming my mother figure whom I lost to cancer in '07...and now I'm 19 weeks pregnant and terrified I will become like my mother towards my daughter...the distance and the general seeming of lack of caring...I'm not in the same situation she was in at all, I'm married, husband is in the Navy so I will be a stay at home mom but still...I am scared that somehow I will mess things up with and my DD end up resenting me...any thoughts..?

HoldFast86

Asked by HoldFast86 at 7:16 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• you will be fine, and you will not do what your Mom did. You will be a great Mom.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:23 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Don't judge yourself by the behavior of others. You don't know what made your mom that way. Don't assume you will be the same. You are you, not her.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:27 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• The minute you hold your little blessing in your arms, your doubts will quickly go away. You will be a wonderful mommy.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 7:34 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• The fact that you're concerned you'll be like your mother tells me you'll be NOTHING like her. You have your grandmother as an example of what a GOOD mom is all about. Use that and grow from it.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:35 PM on Jul. 5, 2011