Getting nervous. Going to see my lawyer about my next step. someone was to go with me and so far no answer.Should I just give up?

Our old neighbor has been though this before with divorce and said she would go along with me. She said to call her and remind her and I have called but so far so answer and time is 7:30 and will go to bed at ten. I plan to leave by 9:00 and would hate to call in the morning. Do you call in the morning or just give up tonight if no phone call back. I am alone in this since family is out state and no one else to go with me. What should I do? Should she call at least to help since be there before to help with questions I should ask even if she does not want to go or can? I am nervous enough as well. I mean husband is sueing me for custody of our three girls. Help or will any of you be with me in spirit.

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 7:28 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• I would call in the morning.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:29 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Call her in the morning hun.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 7:30 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• are you sure since would hate to wake her up
    momindiana

Comment by momindiana (original poster) at 7:31 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Good luck
    HoldFast86

Answer by HoldFast86 at 7:32 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Just in case, why don't you start writing down questions you don't want to forget to ask, now! You could even post some questions on here and get peoples advise!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I'll go with you in thought. I would also suggest writing down any and all questions you can come up with between now and then.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:46 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I won't call she doesn't want to .. or she would call you.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 7:47 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Call her in the morning and good luck!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:47 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Call her in the morning. Good Luck.
    BigMammaRed

Answer by BigMammaRed at 7:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I am probably in the minority, but I think this is something that you should do on your own. It is one thing to have someone help you with a list of questions, but you should be going by yourself. The lawyer is going to ask you some personal questions (if he is a good one). Your neighbor might not be the best one to take with you. You are getting divorced. It is time to start being independent and doing things on your own. Meeting with your lawyer who has your best interests in mind is a good place to start. If you truly feel you can't do it on your own, call your friend in the morning. I hope you left a message tonight so that she is prepared to go in the morning.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 9:13 PM on Jul. 5, 2011