I want more kids, my husband's not so sure

How do you compromise on something like this? We have 2 now and I would like 4. My husband agreed to 3 at least before we had our second but now he's not sure he wants anymore at all. I personally cannot imagine not having at least one more, I would be heartbroken. Anyone else been in this situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm kind of in the same boat. We have two and I want another. My husband and I have come to kind of an agreement but it's hard. It took almost a year to come to the agreement. Someone has to give a little so someone is going to loose. Unfortunately, it may be you. If you love your husband see why he doesnt want another but also explain why you. He may come around. Good luck!
    Amr515

Answer by Amr515 at 7:39 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• yeah i want 1 more kid my boyfriend wants 3 more so will see what happens but goodluck sweety you should ask him why he doesnt want anymore but hope everything works out for you
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 7:44 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Well hubby wants more I don't .. so Not really sure how mine will turn out. Good luck hun.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 7:45 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• It's something you guys need to hash out. Maybe he just needs time?
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:47 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Whatever you do, RESPECT his wishes. You have two wonderfull children. Give him time, talk about it. . But understand that if he's dead set against anymore children, it's not the end of the world NOR is it a hamper on your marriage unless you make it so. Best of luck
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I agree talk it out, maybe it's something he hasn't really discussed with you. Money is a big issue with raising kids, lack of time with you and spending quality tmie with the kids you already have. I'd get to the WHY before I 'd give up maybe he has a really good reason.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• If one parent just doesn' t feel like he can take on more kids that is your answer. You can't trick him or talk him into it. He has to be on board with that decision. It lasts a lifetime. He may change his mind in time. grannywilson
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 10:45 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Oh my sides!
    The concept of "planning" children is lost on me, as all three of ours came into being when their component DNA chewed through multiple methods of birth control. Tell you what, have the third one and then spend more than a year getting a degree you've always dreamed of getting and line up several better-than-promising job interviews for the career you always wanted but is difficult to do when hugely pregnant, take your licensure exam and score in the 99th percentile for the entire country, hit "advanced maternal age" and use every method of birth control you can imagine. You'll be knocked up before the month is out, trust me.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:50 AM on Jul. 6, 2011