When shopping with a cart, do you try to follow the rules of the road?

Do you always keep to the right of the isle with your cart or do you go wherever?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 1:05 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I do try, and I wish everyone else would to. The hardest part now is when I have to park my cart in the middle of the aisle so my toddler can't reach the shelves. I keep an eye out and move out of the way if someone needs past - again, I wish everyone else would do this.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:10 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I keep to the right side unless people are being too slow. I really hate it when people stop in front of me right in the middle of the isle, and then when i say "excuse me" they look at me like I did something wrong. How dare I try to be polite! I won't take my SO shopping with me though, because he is very inconsiderate and does the very things that drive me up a wall!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 1:08 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Yes. I wish other people in the grocery would use ettiquete while shopping with their carts.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 1:08 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I do try but with all those butt heads on the road with me it is hard! I don't know why once in a store all stay to the right rules of traffic go out the window.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I hadn't thought of it, but I do. I keep to the right and stop at the end of the aisles. Same with walking in a store or in the mall. And when I stop in an aisle I pull to the right to leave room for people to get by me.
    I remember rolling my eyes (to myself) when three ladies one time blocked the entrance to an aisle while they argued about what kind of chips on the end cap to get. So I went down the next aisle and circled around and came up the original aisle from the other direction.

Answer by Bmat at 1:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Nope, I weave in and out. I freaking hate it when people just stand on one side of the aisle but are looking at the stuff on the other side. UGH!
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 5:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2008