Would you go to the crime scene of a lil one?

My coworker asked why everyone was going to where baby Caylee's remains were found. If you could, would you go? Did you go if you were able to? If something like this happened in my area, I probably would. I am sure it is so different when it's that close to home. So shocking that you just have to go see for yourself. I am sure it is also so hard to do as well.

luvmy4kidsinAL

Asked by luvmy4kidsinAL at 7:31 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I did. Samantha Runnion was found by my house. The guy who killed her lived across the street, and worked at the same place as my room mate.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:34 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Only if the deceased were a family member. Otherwise, the LookyLou's and busybodies need to stay away, IMO? If you have no direct reason to be at that site, please stay home.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:34 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• well in my area we have a really high rate of teens being killed in car accidents, and just recently a 2 year old girl murdered, at each sight there is always a candle light memorial and people come to mourn and give flowers, put up photos, leave notes, etc. Eventually the family takes it down. But for the 2 year old it was up for months. She was crossing the street, in the crosswalk, hand in hand with her mother, when an 18 year old girl, texting on her phone, when texting is illegal here in california, hit both the baby and her mother. The mother was in a coma for days just to wake up and here the news about her daughter. It was awful. She went to the memorial and was very shaken and grateful that the community has responded so well.

The 18 year old has not been charged with anything yet, but I suspect they have either dropped charges or she will have a vehicular homicide.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 7:36 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• No, it would be too sad for me. It's not what I would consider being at a happy place. If they held a vigil at her favorite playground, where she was her happiest, I could do that. Such as Kyron Horman, I went to the fence with a teddy bear when he disappeared, but we don't have a crime scene per say with him.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 7:38 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I have several times.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:45 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I wouldn't unless I had to.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:46 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• No I wouldnt go just driving by the place where Caylee was found. Can I say that I wouldnt for other cases or incidents I dont know depends. I wouldnt have though for Caylee though & its no offense to the poor child its just the location & amount of people who drove by today.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 7:47 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I wouldn't seek it out no. There is a memorial at the accident site of 2 teens that died after a drunk driver hit them and two other girls while they were walking along the road. Its been over a year and there are flowers there everyday, it makes me so said. But the families also put up a bench and memorial stone, so I do sit there if I'm walking but if it was a place that had not been done up to invite the public then no I wouldn't go.

Murder is also much different then the scene of an accident.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:05 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I wouldn't go to one for a child much less an adult. that kind of stuff creeps me out. if I saw one I would never get the images out of my head and would have nightmares forever.
    mmsfirstone

Answer by mmsfirstone at 8:06 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Sadly, my family was in Orlando and So FL in June 2008, celebrating my daughter's 21st birthday. My son and I departed for CA from the Orlando Airport on June 16 because my son was having his Wisdom teeth extracted, but my husband, daughter and her friend stayed on and went to the Keys to hook up with other friends. My son and I ended up being delayed in Orlando d/t torrential rains and horrible weather. We were eventually stranded in Atlanta having missed our connecting flight. I will always remember this case because I was in that town when the "event" occurred.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:19 PM on Jul. 5, 2011