No disrespect to little Caylee, but why are they so focused on this case?

There are millions of cases just like hers that get no attention! It seems like people really obsessed on this trial. I'm not saying she doesn't deserve attention. But wow! I found several cases just as disturbing if not MORE disturbing. Please don't take this wrong. I'm just wondering why this case seems to grab more attention than others. I don't believe we should ever forget about any child who didn't have a say.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 7:39 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Because the media made a circus out of it.The outcome has certainly disgusted me though..I refuse to contribute to that family getting rich no book or movie purchasing from me.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:43 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Media is usually the one to blame. There are many other sad stories out there true but if someone dosent kick up enough stink or if the public dosent show enough interest the media will move onto something else. This happens all the time a case gets picked for who know what reasons to be in the public eye & everyone eats the stuff right up. Caylee is just one of many children with sad stories & horrible parents =(
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 7:45 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I see where you're coming from. if there was mention of every case where something like this or similar happened, there wouldn't be any other stories in the news. I don't think this woman deserves all the attention she is getting. it's a sad world we live in where ppl think it's ok to behave like this. I have very strong feelings on the wrong types of ppl having children. if there was a test they had to pass in order to have them, many would fail it.
    mmsfirstone

Answer by mmsfirstone at 7:48 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• media chooses which ever they feel will get most publicity.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:48 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I wondered that too, I was told cause of all her lying. then she named a nanny and got someone who didn't even know the family involved..
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 7:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• The media made this one to be it!

Answer by older at 7:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I think that it gained national attention when it happened because she was so young and the community was so involved in finding her. Then, the outrageous behavior of Casey Anthony while her daughter was missing sparked the "media fire"...then of course the high profile case to follow and the shocking verdict. It is what it is. I am disgusted after today.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:51 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Yeah, but child killers always blame others! How is that different? They all lie too.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 7:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Remember Susan Smith? Theresa Borosso? Or the woman that scalded her child to death in the tub?
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 7:54 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Because she was a young, attractive young lady whose father was in law enforcement. Nancy Grace ran with it, which in turn grabbed our attention and the media LOVES it when their ratings go up!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 7:57 PM on Jul. 5, 2011