My fiance has infertility issues adult content

Ok so im starting to believe that my fiance is having some male infertility issues caused by a few veins in his scrotum... tmi... i know! Heres the thing, he doesnt have insurance and we cant afford him insurance... Does anyone know if he could still see a medical provider for infertility to have him checkout out, say on a sliding scale being as he doesnt have medical insurance and cant afford it at the moment? We have been ttc for almost a year and im so depressed that I cant bring another child into this world right now... I get so jealous just looking at pregnant women and especially those who are young and arent good parents! We live in Charlotte NC.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I would call various providers and ask what they can do for you and what it would cost.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:56 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• i know where i live they have clinics that are income based i would try and look it up in the white or yellow pages.
    YerMami24

Answer by YerMami24 at 7:57 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I can't imagine veins being the problem. Does he eat well?? Is he taking any vitamins?? Does he wear boxers?? i mean veinsare all over the body it shouldn't be surprising that they are in that area. But yeah call your health and human services department. They might be able to help locate a good clinic on a sliding scale.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:06 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Are you anywhere near a medical school? Sometimes you can see a doctor-in-training for very little money. I have heard that varicose veins 'down below' can cause low sperm count in some men. You may want to see what your local lab charges for a semen analysis. It's a good place to start with a fertility issue.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:03 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Maybe it's the universe's way of saying don't have another kid until you are financially prepared to do so!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:11 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Ok well first of all, we are very well prepared to have another child or we obviously wouldnt be trying to have another one! And secondly, yes they are vericose veins in his scrotum sack... inflamed, dark in color viens! You can seen them winding... But i am going to start by calling around to see what can be offered at low cost...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Not that it's my business but will his issue make a difference in your relationship? I ask this only because I know some especially younger women who want a family would find out 'he' has a problem and promptly leave him. Are you asking because you are worried about him? Most clinics (think medicaid and health departments) should at least be able to answer some questions. My husband is many years older than I and to be honest I had to think about how I would feel if I couldn't have any more children. I would try the clinics or even dial a nurse if you have one...are you sure it's a problem with him? Could you be so stressed about having a baby and planning a weeding (you said fiance so I assume you are planning a wedding now or will be soon)...Good luck with trying...hopefully neither of you have any issues and with some luck you will be with child soon.
    LadyOsgood

Answer by LadyOsgood at 9:15 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Well, I have one child already and hes 3... Got pregnant with him, the first and only time I was with his father. So i am assuming that I am capable of bearing more... Have had a few tests ran and they came back normal... We are engaged, but not exactly planning anything yet... We are waiting for a while before we set any dates! As far as stressing myself, I dont even buy pregnancy tests anymore! I have become less stressed about it over the course of the time we have been ttc...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:46 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• If you can't afford to get him insurance, how do you expect to afford another child. Perhaps it's for the best.
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 2:37 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I have insurance, as well as my son! I can afford to pay for my own insurance but I cant add him onto mine, because we are not yet married! I can afford another child the same way I afford the one I already have!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2011