How often do you bathe your baby?

I've been bathing ming everyday. She seems to like it more when she can expect it to happen on a daily basis. Plus being clean is always soothing.

julipickle

Asked by julipickle at 1:06 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• everyday in the summer, but winter is everyother day he has dry skin gets worse in winter.....
    Yes i agree it is very soothing.
    Anonymous

• We aim for every other day, but sometimes it's every two days or so depending on how dirty the little man gets.

Anonymous

• when my DD was first born i didnt know any better and I bathed her twice a day and it dried her skin out then we went to once a day and her ped. said that was fine until winter then i should go to everyother day just make sure that she is wiped and lotioned and her privated stay clean on no bath day.....
    Anonymous

• Our Dr. said every three days is fine until they are moving around. If you are keeping the genitals clean you don't need to do it more often. You can more often though and we did.

Anonymous

• I put my son in the tub everyday. I do not wash him everyday, but he loves to play in the water. I fill up the tub, let him splash around a little bit, then take him out. Bathtime is fun.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 1:31 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• In the summer my son had a bath every day. Now that it's winter he has very dry skin and he doesn't get as sweaty. He takes a bath every two days or so. Sometimes less if the house is very cold I don't like to get him into the tub because he gets so cold afterward so it also depends on how cold the house is that day.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:56 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My baby girl has really dry skin. I clean her everyday, (sponge bath sort of thing), but we only do baths twice a week.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 2:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• until my dd started crawling i did it every other day and i would wipe her down in between baths she had very senitive skin so i tried not to bathe her too much
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 2:08 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My daughter is 5 months,and i only bathe her every 3 days or so. Unless she gets dirty or sweaty or has a really dirty diaper. I wipe her bottome good at every diaper change, and usually sponge her off with a little soapy rag at night. Like her feet and under arms and genital area. But only bath time every3 days of so. Mainley because it is so cold right now. But pretty soon I kind of want to start trying to implement a routine at night like bath thime, bottle, bed. But i''m not sure when i will do that
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 2:49 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I know it's way hard to change a routine around. I keep wanting to bathe my baby at night but I'm so used to doing it in the late morning that's I find it difficult to make the switch.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 3:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2008