I just have to ask....

What is it with all these women/girls asking if they can get pregnant from having unprotected sex? Where did their parents/schools fail? I knew by middle school that unprotected sex = pregnancy, pretty much common sense right? So why are there so many questions asking if they could be pregnant if they have had unprotected sex? Do we not know how babies are conceived? When DH and I had unprotected sex we knew there was a good chance we could end up with a baby out of the situation, just like anyone with any common sense would think.

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 8:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in About CafeMom

• It's ridicoulus. If you dont know anything about sex you shouldnt be having it!!!!!!
    Mrs.Gallegos649

Answer by Mrs.Gallegos649 at 8:42 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I agree with all of the above answers but at the same time maybe the person asking the question was looking to the only support system they have (cafemom) I try to be more positive to point these people in the right direction even when my brain is saying wow are they an idiot. I asked a question on here several weeks ago and was given some super mean judgemental answers and I was simply asking because I didnt have the support of people on the outside in which I could ask this kind of question.
    mitchellb

Answer by mitchellb at 10:39 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I used to not answer them but now its so stupid to me the questions some of them ask, I have to explain why it annoys me lol
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 8:42 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• That's what I though Mrs.Gallegos! What makes me laugh is that she got pissed when people told her that it was common sense, and called one of them a bitch and said she was just asking. IMO she shouldn't have to ask that question unless she grew up under a rock!
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 8:44 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• LOL, is that question still up ??
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:47 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Sometimes I don't know how to take those questions. It's unfortunate but there are lots of people who don't know much if anything about how the body works. It's pretty sad.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:47 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Midnightmoma yes....it says "Could I be pregnant if I had unprotected sex 2 times in the last month?" No joke she really asked that! What do schools teach now? That babies come from the stork?
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I found it.. If schools are anything like my district.. they no longer teach sex ed. How sad, kids don't know the basics and "some" parents avoid the issue altogether..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:55 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• See I think I just knew that...my parents never really had the sex talk with me, it just one of those DUH! things.
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 8:57 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• True but don't forget the teenage brain has the "not gonna happen to me" section until adulthood :)

The question is now gone..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:01 PM on Jul. 5, 2011