itchy dry skin

so i dont know if this is pregnancy related or weather but its probably both lol.

my skin is so dry and itchy all over iv tried all sorts of lotions nothing helps anyone have any ideas that maybe i didnt try? Maybe a lotion or a cream that worked for them?
Please help im so itchy lol

Mommy2B04

Asked by Mommy2B04 at 1:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• cheap walmart brand oatmeal baths . . . lotion didnt work for me . . . the cheap ones are better than aveeno oatmeal baths
    ah2590

Answer by ah2590 at 2:12 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• It might be PUPPS. Its a rash you can get with pregnancy. I would give your doc a call and just ask them and maybe he can tell you what to use. I hope it gets better!
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 1:22 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• make sure that you don't take HOT showers. put lotion on after shower (just blot skin dry). the lotion will help seal in the moisture. i used palmer's cocoa butter and loved it.
    Anonymous

• I have a lotion that even healed my son's eczema!! Email me if you want info! It works on psoriasis, etc.
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 1:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I've got the same problem. Lotions help for a while, but I'm thinking of buying some of that lotion specifically for itchy skin to see if it helps. They say taking showers that are warm, but not hot, help as well.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 1:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I have been struggling with the same thing for the past 2 weeks. Here's what has helped me: First, I started drinking lots more water - if you are dehydrated, all of the water/moisture will be pulled from your skin. Second, Eucerin Calming Cream is a godsend! It's kind of expensive, but worth every penny! Good luck!
    owensmom17

Answer by owensmom17 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2008