• In the Spotlight:

My 3 month old hates tummy time! Any advice on how to help him enjoy it????

He starts to cry furiously after about 2 min. on his tummy. I have tried showing him toys, praising him for lifting his head, etc. any advice???

mommy2jt

Asked by mommy2jt at 10:06 AM on Jul. 13, 2008 in About CafeMom

• My 2 month old does the same thing! I'd like some suggestions too.
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 10:19 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Have you tried tummmy time on your tummy? Lay your baby on your tummy and let him look at you. 2 minutes is okay anyway. Each time he has tummy time he will like it more and more. Always make sure he has something to look at, but to too many things that may be overwelming.
    Hope this helps.
    standr4

Answer by standr4 at 10:33 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Every time I put my daughter on her tummy to start, I went on the floor with her and played with some toys. I also rubbed her back when she was an infant so she didn't feel isolated and alone. Now she loves her tummy time and is rolling all over the place. Good luck to you! :)
    NAldinger

Answer by NAldinger at 10:52 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Honestly I asked the same question on here and a very wise woman (or so I think so) told me the solution for my daughter. She would go onto her tummy and scream if she was awake...now she sleeps on her tummy which made it so much more confusing as to why she hated it. She told me to try laying on my back and putting my daughter's tummy on my tummy. It worked like a charm, now she loves tummy time because she can talk to me and play. She still won't do it by herself but she loves to lay on my tummy. Now she'll exercise on her back and roll over so she's still getting all of her exercise.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 2:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2008