Every name has some sort of meaning. What does your name or your child's name mean?

My name is Margaret which means Pearl and my middle name is Ruth, which means Good Friend. Did the meaning of the name influence you when you named your child? My daughter's name is Kayleigh and it means, Rejoicing in the Sheltered Places.

maggiebgood

Asked by maggiebgood at 8:55 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Baby Names

• hill dweller

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• My name means ewe...baby lamb...DD's name means wisdom.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 9:01 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• My oldest daughter is Zoey Nikole. Zoey means 'life' in Hebrew and Nikole is my baby sisters middle name. When it came time to choose a name for her, my brother was leaving for his first tour of duty in Iraq, and my sister in law/ god mother to my children was about to undergo a double lung transplant. I figured what better name than "life" with so much scary possibly life ending things around us. I chose to use my sisters middle name because I knew how much it would mean to her, and I can only hope my baby grows up to be such a awesome loving woman. Lily Grace is my baby girl. Lily means 'pure' in Greek (i think it's Greek...i may have mixed those two up) and Grace is her paternal great grandmothers middle name. When I found out I was pg with Lily my husband of (2 weeks shy) of 2 yrs walked out. I had so much turmoil in my life, I wanted a name that reflected how I saw my baby. Pure and innocent in an ugly world.
    LadyOsgood

Answer by LadyOsgood at 9:05 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• healer of the universe :)
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 9:09 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• hardworking, prosperous, happy
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 9:15 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• My son's is Torren which is short form for Torrence which means....Little hills its irish and galec in origin.

Mine is Kasondra a take on Kassandra which is greek and means "She who entangles men".
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:03 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• My son's name means "worthy if praise"!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 12:25 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• My son's name means the Lord is my God (Elijah)
    MzKemper

Answer by MzKemper at 2:39 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• My name means "free man" my children's names mean "work; effort" and "lilies"

Charlenelna

Answer by Charlenelna at 8:35 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• My name is Kayla Regina and they mean "fair" and "queen".

My DD's name is Scarlett Abigail and they mean "red" and "father's joy".
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 11:47 AM on Jul. 6, 2011