Bottle holding

Whe do babies hold their bottles on their own?

price85

Asked by price85 at 9:04 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's not a milestone. Some do at 6 months, some never will. But it's not a milestone, if they don't do it it's not a big deal.
    Anonymous

• 6-9 months

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:05 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• my dd is 6 months and she attempts it.. she nurses mostly.. so she doesn't have a bottle all of the time..
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 9:06 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Every baby advances at a different pace. Not to mention some babies might be able to hold their bottle at as soon as 5 months, but they might be lazy and enjoy mommy or daddy holding it for them. However, I agree with the post above, 6 to 9 months seems resonable.
    Lynne313

Answer by Lynne313 at 9:09 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I can't remember how old my youngest was I would have to look into her baby book, but my oldest was 8 months. She wouldn't even try to hold it before that.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• My son started to hold his bottle on his own around 4 1/2 months old. It was good timing because we were in the process of moving and it would give me a few extra minutes to get some packing and cleaning done while he fed himself from time to time lol. Now at 7 1/2 months he holds the bottle with only his one hand while he's eating like he's "hot stuff" lol. Every baby is different though. My niece would never even tried to hold a bottle on her own.
    pinkie8986

Answer by pinkie8986 at 11:01 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• My son does from time to time and he is 5 months.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:05 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• My son started at 6 months but he likes to roll over while still sucking on the bottle. Most of the time I have to hold him and feed him still:)
    coledoll24

Answer by coledoll24 at 12:07 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• My oldest was the only one who ever took a bottle and he never wanted to hold it. Even at 18 months, when he was down to one bottle a day he loved to cuddle up on our laps and have the bottle. Held it once and just played with it and that was the last one we gave him.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:12 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• first time my daughter held her own bottle was at starbucks on Christmas Eve lol she was 5 mths, I still held her while she drank though and sometimes she held it other times I did.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 12:14 AM on Jul. 6, 2011