Does anyone know cheap childcare in the yorba linda area?

Im a single mom and trying to find child care before I lose my job.. my boyfriend is staying home with the kids and not working but he really needs to work.. i dont know anywhere that i can afford right now and im struggling..please let me know if anyone can help

JennyP2304

Asked by JennyP2304 at 9:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Cheap and childcare don't ever go together in the same sentence. If you are lower income, check with Dept. of Human Services to see if you qualify for subsidized child care. Depending on where you live, you would have to make under $9.00 / an hour, I think.
    Next, check into child care co-ops. These manage to keep costs lower, because the parents are required to help out with different tasks. Some might help clean the center a couple times a year on weekends. Some might be able to be a substitute teacher if the teacher is sick. Some might help with planning field trips. Depends. But co-op child care is the only way you're going to find "cheap".
    Finally, your boyfriend might get a job working different hours from you, so you can both take turns with child care. This can be tricky. For instance, you work 1st shift, he works 2nd shift, and EVERYONE sleeps 3rd shift. But that's hard on relationship as you never see each other.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 9:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Thank you for the new ideas. I had a lot of different options when we lived in WA because my whole family was there and now we are down here with his family and all of them work.. I will try that Thanks again
    JennyP2304

Comment by JennyP2304 (original poster) at 1:23 AM on Jul. 7, 2011

• headstart if there is one in your area or call des for a list of ceritfied sitters normally they are cheap and had to learn cpr and first aid
    jayleelovemommy

Answer by jayleelovemommy at 4:05 PM on Jul. 8, 2011