What to Eat?

My son turned 10 months old today. What sort of foods can he eat? Can he eat finger foods? He has 4 teeth and has only been on solids for a month. He is allergic to dairy. Other than that, we have not encountered any other allergies. I am just not really sure if babies at this age can eat more than just pureed foods. Any advice is welcomed. Thanks.

TeaAndrews

Asked by TeaAndrews at 1:39 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• fruits and greens.

give him some avocado too for the fat - babies need much more fat than adults.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 2:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• whatever you cook, he can eat it too :) ... throw it in the blender if he cant chew it yet.. seperate some for him when you cook so he wont get any spices.

thats what we did with our daughter. and she loved all of the foods so far.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• He can eat small, soft finger foods. Cut up banana, cut up avacado, steamed peas, really any steamed veggies cut small, cheerios, be creative!
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• my daughter is 10 months also, and has only 4 teeth, she does perfectly fine on all sorts of food, you can give him anything that is sofy enough to chew with your gums, like penut butter and jelly sandwhiches, i always break off little pieces and give them to her, but be careful at first, they need to learn to chew first, get the little teething bisquets, babies love them, also try 'little puffs' they disolve in there mouths, it teaches them to chew, : ) hope i could help,
    Trinity32188

Answer by Trinity32188 at 1:46 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My rule of thumb was that if I could put a piece in my mouth and mash it with my tongue and the roof of my mouth then he could eat it too.
    SarahShirey

Answer by SarahShirey at 2:05 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My baby is 8 months old with two almost three teeth. They have sliced carrots, apples, peaches, and pears in the baby food isle. They also have the little graduate foods. The purple lids would be good for him. Have you tried the little star puffs yet? They dissolve quickly.
    connorrocks

Answer by connorrocks at 7:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2008