Have you ever relapsed and started smoking again?

I just quit for 9 months, and have been REALLY stressed out lately. I started agian. I am so mad at myself. Now I have to quit again and I do not want HELP!

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 9:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Health

• I've fallen back into the habit several times after quitting for several months. It's aggravating. I've been a smoker since I was 18 and am now 33, though I did quit last December while pregnant with my youngest. I haven't started up again yet, and I hope I can hold off, but I understand how hard it is to quit.
    Queenie_Mab

Answer by Queenie_Mab at 9:44 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I've quit because I'm 19wks pregnant but I'm worried that once she comes I will start back up because the withdraws are kicking my ass and she is the only reason I haven;t picked back up
    HoldFast86

Answer by HoldFast86 at 9:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• longest I stopped was at 6 weeks when I found out I was pregnant, I stopped the whole pregnancy then started again when he was 4 months old due to stress.. I am 20 months smoke free right now and I can't stop thinking about it. Sometimes it can be more than even a physical additcition, mental, emotional and my crutch for my social anxiety. its hard everyday but you can do it mama~!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:17 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Yup:)
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 10:17 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I had quit smoking for 9 months too. I picked it back up for two months then stopped again. It's been about 2 months. I tried to smoke a cigarette once when I was really stressed and it was so disgusting. I hope I'm done for good.
    It was actually easier to quit this time. No withdrawls or anything.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 11:16 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• don't be so hard on yourself. Not smoking is best but just when ur ready just let it go.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 11:55 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Many times! Right now I am down to a cigar every evening.. sharing it with my honey. They are the flavored ones. It's not GREAT, but it's better than my pack a day! I'll get there again!
    AudraMorgan

Answer by AudraMorgan at 3:41 AM on Jul. 6, 2011