Nuvaring Users ???

Any of you bleed during sex?? I just started using mine and have been bleeding during sex, it stops right after. It makes sex well less than appealing. The other side effects were awful which is why I love my IUD which is "missing". I had an appt now we are waiting for the u/s appt to see if it is out of place....

I took the the ring out and did not bleed so this is clearly caused from the ring but why?? DH told me just to keep it out, and wait for my upcoming appt (he did not trust the ring anyway and purchased condoms). I was just wondering if anyone else had issues.

Thanks Ladies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Health

• i was on the ring for a year befor we decided to have a baby i didnt have any issues what so ever and it worked great for preventing pregnancy. i wouldnt think it was the ring it sounds like maybe the ring was maybe touching the IUD and is causing it to scratch the inside or something.
    Anonymous

• After I have this baby in mid 2009, I plan to use Nuva Ring. I was on BC pills (yaz) and it worked well as long as I used it properly. I typically remember to take pills in the morning but there are times when I'm busy and just forget. Which is why I'm pregnant now.

Anyways....I'll just add on to this question...Nuva Ring seems like the best choice for me but I'm kind of curious about it application/insertion. I mean, it SOUNDS simple enough but I can't get an idea of how/where/why exactly that thing stays up there.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 2:02 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Well they can not see my IUD so I am not sure that would be the problem. Some of the side effects were getting better but we just decided to wait it out until the u/s to see if the IUD is still there. They did try to see it but they did not so it might be gone.
    Anonymous