Dude, what the h*ll?!

I have been practically killing myself. (ok, seriously not killing myself, but working pretty damn hard.)

I have cut my calories (1200 or less, usually less than 1000. But I am getting plenty of protein, and plenty of food. I eat tons, just low calorie stuff like fruits and veggies), I am working out at least an hour a day (walking, brisk pace, approx 4 miles per night. As well as other random exercise such as squats and lunges while my DD takes a bath).

I should be losing weight!!!! WTF chuck?! I just weighed myself & I've GAINED 2 lbs! Seriously, what. the. fuck? I am going fucking nuts with this. It's driving me insane. What could be going on?

Now, truth be told, I don't NEED to really lose any weight. I am 5'4 & 120lbs. But I WANT to lose & I WANT to tone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Health

• Honey you're basically starving yourself and your body is probably going into starvation mode. You just need to try to eat better calories not less.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• With the workouts is it possible you are toning muscle.. You could very well be losing fat weight but gaining muscle weight.. Keep it up, you should see your clothes fit better in no time.. You could also measure yourself and see what you get.. I stay off the scales, water weight, bloating, PMS can give you false readings LOL..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• all of my calories ARE good calories, I am not eating anything bad. I eat mainly fruites & vegetables. No different than a vegitarian. I am still getting all the nurtrients I need. Besides, red meat is full of bad calories. I eat lean meats, but only once a day, usually at dinner
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• But you're only eating 1200 when you body should have 3000. And if you have been working out, that may actually contribute. Muscle weighs more than fat.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 9:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• actually no... a woman my size should have less than 1800 to just MAINTAIN my weight. If you want to lose 1-2lbs a week you need to reduce caloric intake by 500 per day (1 lb of fat is equal to 3500 calories. 500 (calories)x 7 (days of the week)= 3500)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• The real scale is in how your clothes fit, not the number on the damn scale. Too many women get hung up on the freaking number and call themselves fat when they are bone thin, but have muscles. Muscle weighs more than FAT!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:56 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• well I know what size I want to fit in. I am 1 size away from it. To get to that size, I need to lose about 7lbs.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:59 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Then you may have to "shock" your system. Spend a day completely blowing your diet and then go back on it the next day.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:04 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• what good does that do? how does that help?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• You ARE toning - you're melting what little fat you may have but building muscle - and muscle weighs 3x more than fat. I have the same thing going on right now - I lost 3 pants sizes but the scale only went down 15 lbs because I melted belly fat and gained muscle in my arms & legs.
    Anonymous