Why innocent?

I am not sure if this has been hashed out yet. I just don't understand how Casey Anthony  got off the charge of child neglect when she totally deglected to report her child missing for a month. grannywilson

grannywilson

Asked by grannywilson at 9:48 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I completly agree 100%.. Even if she didn't get guilty for murder, child neglect sould have been there.
    atjm0919

Answer by atjm0919 at 9:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• jury flipped a coin cause they were lazy
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 9:57 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• REASONABLE DOUBT!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:10 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Where is the reasonable doubt? She admitted to the police she hadn't seen the little girl for 31 days. Remember she said the nanny had taken her.
    grannywilson

Comment by grannywilson (original poster) at 10:14 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• And this is why she was found guilty of lying to the police. The other charges - the defense did a great job of blasting holes in the prosecution's case and creating REASONABLE DOUBT in the jury!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:17 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• ,,,,and you don't think not reporting that your child is missing is also child neglect?
    grannywilson

Comment by grannywilson (original poster) at 10:33 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Not guilty is not the same as innocent. Obviously those jurors felt there was reasonable doubt....... I do not get the missing for 31 days and no report made NOT indicating child neglect/abuse-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:33 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• It would have been hard for the police to tell what were lies and what was truth. She dreamed up all kinds of lies that she told police and her parents.. One thing for sure her baby was somewhere and according to her she did not know where. I guess that does not fall into the guidelines given to the jurors for child endangerment or abuse.. I would not have wanted to be on that jury. That would be a tough one. One reason the courts are not always fair is the lying by people. Some liars sound pretty good. I have known a few. grannywilson
    grannywilson

Comment by grannywilson (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Not guilty is not the same as innocent.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:54 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• She wasn't found innocent at all. This particular jury wasn't smart enough to understand the instructions the judge gave them probably thought any doubt was enough to not convict instead of reasonable doubt. Not all in this world are smart or would make good jurors.
    Anonymous