Withdraws =/

I'm having really back cigarette withdraws and I'm 19wks pregnant so of course I'm not going to pick it back up right now but I'm worried about how it will effect the baby...I don't want to start up again after she is born either because I just really don't want to do that around her...

Help...do you have any suggestions on how to make them stop or lessen?

HoldFast86

Asked by HoldFast86 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Health

• Jolly ranchers! When I quit, I sucked on jolly ranchers all day! You can try taking up medittion/yoga. Very helpful with relaxation etc. Good luck!!! You have made such an awesome choice!!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 10:02 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Jolly ranches is what my mother did as well. I don't have any other suggestions though...GOOD LUCK and I commend you for making the healthy but hard decision for you baby.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• The withdraws aren't going to stress out the baby too are they?
    HoldFast86

Comment by HoldFast86 (original poster) at 10:10 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Thank you guys for the suggestions by the way, good thing I love jolly ranchers =) lol
    HoldFast86

Comment by HoldFast86 (original poster) at 10:11 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• The physical craving from nicotine withdrawal lasts less than a week and will not hurt your baby. Once you get past the physical symptoms, it is all about dealing with the craving that is in your head. Chewing gum helps, or crunchy things like carrot & celery sticks, etc.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 10:45 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• it has been at least 4 months now and the physical cravings are still there...
    HoldFast86

Comment by HoldFast86 (original poster) at 6:35 PM on Jul. 6, 2011