Young babies & Toys

How old was your LO before they started playing with toys? My DS is 1month 2weeks and doesn't seem interested. I know at this age its basically just eat sleep and well you can finish that statement. But he doesn't seem interested in rattles or any other toy. He has a play mat and doesn't even pay attention to all the goodies on it. Only thing he likes is to bounce and to watch the mobile on his swing but that doesn't hold his attention for very long.

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 10:02 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son was a few months old it was right before he learned to roll over that he became interested in toys. You can try moving the toys for him and showing him how they work and it might peak his interest.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 10:07 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I think my dd was around 3 months old now that she is 1yo all she wants to do is play with her 6yo brothers toys
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:10 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• you can start buying things here and there, but just no that each child varies. My son didn't start getting interested in most toys until just recently and he's 20 months!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 2:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2011