I'm 21 weeks pregnant and having really bad cramps!!

Is this normal? I have cramps every so often but they aren't ever this bad :( I'm scared!!

Keeely07

Asked by Keeely07 at 10:10 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Like period cramps? Cramping is perfectly normal during pregnancy, your uterus is streatching and pulling making room for the baby. Also it could be braxton hicks. Time the cramps, if they are coming every 5 min, for an hour then call your doctor, it may be pre-term labor...but I am thinking it is just normal pregnancy pains. Always call your doc though if you feel like something is seriously wrong. Only you know your body!!! Good luck!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 10:14 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• You need to call your doctor now. i don't want to scare you anymore but any symptoms like this needs to be evaluated by a doctor. I had cramps as 20 wks and was in preterm labor...they stopped it but me on bedrest and I had my son at 37 wks and hes fine.

Call your doc or the one on call...good luck and try to stay calm.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:14 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• It is normal to have some light cramping because of how the baby is laying or how quickly your stomach is starting to grow, but they shouldn't be intense or increasing in intensity or frequency. Try laying down on your left side and see if the cramping stops it could be practice contractions. Make sure to drink plenty of water and call your obstetrician if the cramping doesn't decrease in a hour.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 10:14 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I feel liek they are coming and going. And getting a little more intense. Ill see if it continues for an hour then call. I don't want to go into ER and it be nothing ya kno?
    Keeely07

Comment by Keeely07 (original poster) at 10:18 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Call the hospital and ask for a nurse's advice. If she asks you to come in well then u will not be here worrying and instead you will have peace of mnd or help. Good luck.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 11:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Drink some water, and try to relax. Also call the nurses line and see what they say. They usually have to ask you questions before they call in your doc.
    babygoose78

Answer by babygoose78 at 1:06 AM on Jul. 6, 2011