I have a question about manners?

My family and I went to a fireworks display last night with some wonderful neighbor's of our's. All 8 of us sat on the ground for the event and it was a lot of fun. But just before the display got started. Some woman that appeared to be mid 50's took her folding chair and sat with in 2 feet of my feet. My daughter with MR was in my lap at the time this happened. Not only did this woman not even ask to see if it was ok to sit there but to see if my daughter and I could still see the display if she had sat in front of us. Was it wrong of me to get up set about her blocking our view of the display from last night? We had to move over about 3 feet and bundle up with our friends that we went with just to see the event because of this woman. At one point I felt like I was having to cramp up my family just to see what was going on. Has This world really lost the meaning of Manners? or was it just to much to ask of some one to actually us their manners? Thanks for the advise in advance.

Rabbitflops

Asked by Rabbitflops at 10:22 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• World is full of inconsiderate jerks. I would have said something snotty to her. So much for my manners, but seriously, what kind of person does that? She had to have known she would be in your way!
    Anonymous

• Apparently she didn't. The way she had her hair up told a lot about her. To me she looked a bit trashy with how she dressed.
    Rabbitflops

Comment by Rabbitflops (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• She's trashy because of the way she had her hair?!
    I went to a firework display last night too. There was sooo many people there we were all crowded next to strangers. I didn't think anyone was rude. I think they thought the same thing I did "Empty grass, that's my spot!"
    You should have enjoyed yourself instead of getting worked up over something so petty.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 10:57 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I would have spoken up and said "Ma'am would you please move, we can't see if you sit there". Manners go both ways. Don't just judge her on her appearance and not give her the common courtesy of letting her know that she's blocking the view.

Anonymous

• People are just rude. She had to have seen you were sitting there. You had every right to be upset.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Well, nothing on her matched what so ever. Her hair was thrown up in clips and was hanging all over the place. It truly looked like it was not kept up and not care for. Your right. I could have said something, but my husband had said to just let it go. So he had to put up with me knocking into him through out the night. I have trouble setting still. Thanks guy's.
    Rabbitflops

Comment by Rabbitflops (original poster) at 11:37 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Rude people are everywhere...and its only getting worse. That's why I strive to teach my child respect and manners. You can't change how other people are but you can raise your family to be courteous.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 1:18 AM on Jul. 6, 2011