If you do homeschool what method do you use?

Traditional textbook,Unschooling,distance education etc etc etc...
Just wondering we've been looking into the distance programs since the school system around here are really bad with gifted education or even special education.

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 10:57 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• Hi! I have been considering homeschooling my kids so I started researching different methods and it's overwhelming. I decided to get a couple books on the subject to help me. This is the best book that really helped me http://www.amazon.com/100-Top-Picks-Homeschool-Curriculum/dp/0805431381. It helps you narrow down your expectations, your lifestyle, and your family goals to pick the best curriculum for your family. It is great, can't say enough about it! :)
    tckirby05

Answer by tckirby05 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I use a mix of traditional textbook (Abeka curriculum), computer integrated software for foreign languages (Tell Me More), unit studies for special events, and unschooling for anything else that interests them.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:08 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Waldorf Homeschooling Approach for Math and Science, Music and Art etc
    Montessori Home Schooling approach for all other areas

We have a group for local Homeschoolers specifically for the Montessori Approach
    Anonymous

• My daughter is three. I have been teaching her since she was in my belly. I use homemade cards, I have a huge library I made at home. I use all material available and if I don't find the right material I make/create my own. I enjoy teaching my daugter and she loves it! I am learing spaninish with her I use cards and audio tapes. I teach sunday school and the little ones teach us spanish together.For me being a former PE associate the physical activity is just as important and the arts. I use my prior experience with primary children. I do stucture and unstructure play time. I use my local recreation center and teach christian class that has physical activity. We LOVE arts and crafts, I do alot of painting projects and beading for summer. In general we do tons of holiday projects with paper and paste, glitterss, and poster board/scrapbook coloages with special pictures.
    xcountrymommy

Answer by xcountrymommy at 11:30 PM on Jul. 5, 2011