Help please

It is almost 11 and my son still isn't asleep. It has never been like thiss what are some things I could Ty to get him to sleep I'm getting frustrated but keeping calm help me please

goobersmom713

Asked by goobersmom713 at 11:37 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just keeping putting him back in bed without saying anything to him....and if he's in a crib just ignore him and he will fall asleep eventually.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:38 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Sometimes I have to just take DS to our bed and snuggle up with him. However, we're a cosleeping family. DS ends up in our bed by morning still, so it's not as big a deal for our family. He was up until midnight a couple of nights ago, so I feel your pain, mamas. Try to stay calm, and be firm and consistent. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:42 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• don't let him take a nap past 4 pm. Then, have a nightly routine, such as bathing and then reading, maybe playing soft music in his room... to calm him down. I would suggest you get the "supernanny" book (Joe Frost). Her techniques really help/work. good luck.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 11:42 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Play some soft music to relax him.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Swimming pools!!! Both of my kids are high energy kids. The days they have swim lessons are the days they sleep the best. (Yes, there are classes for kids as young as 6 months) Parks are also a GREAT way to wear a child out. Malls too. Anywhere that he can go run and wear himself out.

My 7 year old was about 18 months old and we took him to a mall with multi-levels. He just wanted to climb up and down the stairs. So Hubby and I planted one of us at the bottom of the stairs, and one at a landing and just let him climb up and down to his heart's content. By the end of the afternoon he had jello legs. He DID NOT want to ride in the stroller, but could only take a step or two before his legs would collapse under him.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:59 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I give mine a dose of tylenol or ibuprofen when it comes tot hat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Jul. 6, 2011