Have you ever temporarily lost a sense and realized how much you took it for granted?

I lost my vision for a couple weeks entirely, it was due to glaucoma (at age 25) from a medication....gave me a new outlook on life and how I had taken it for granted.

mitchellb

Asked by mitchellb at 11:37 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Just for Fun

• i have swimmers ear and my hearing literally goes in one ear and then the other and it totally sucks. or when my allergies act up i can not smell a thing. So yes i know whats it's like to not be able to use them and then i so appreciate them when i get them back
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 11:40 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I've lost my taste before for 3 months and lost 30 pounds, you never realize how much texture is a turn off untill you can't taste anything.

I've also started to lose feeling in my legs, right arm, abdomen and lower back/butt area.....because of nerve damage casued by various medical problems...and they say the feeling may never come back and the numbness could spread..LIke you I'm 25...and took my good health for granted before..now I just wish I could get it back.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:41 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I completely lost the hearing in my right ear for half an hour, I went to the hospital to get it checked and at that time my hearing returned to my right ear. It was pretty scarey.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 11:42 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Colds. When I get really bad colds I can't breathe through my nose and even though I'm craving food, I can't taste it! It's horrible! lol I always tell my husband there's no joy in food if I can't taste it and if I can't taste it I'd lose a LOT of weight! lol
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 11:43 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Yes . Commonsense . Tou can never have enough of it and loss of just a teeny bit can be grievous .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 12:35 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Now that I need glasses to read and another pair of glasses to drive/watch TV/see the distance, I realize how important ones senses are.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 12:42 AM on Jul. 6, 2011