• In the Spotlight:

What helps to heal damaged hair?

sugamama3

Asked by sugamama3 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Deep conditioning. No more blow drying. No brushing your hair while wet - use a wide-tooth comb. No ponytails unless snag-free elastics.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• A hair cut to get rid of the damage. You can't fix it once it's damaged.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Like the previous poster said as well as getting a trim every six to eight weeks. If you color your hair use ammonia free hair color and if you straighten your hair; try to restrict how often you do so. If you wash your hair everyday; try not to! Washing your hair often strips it of it's natural oils. You really only need to wash your hair every three days or so. (some people say one week; but if you have oily hair like myself; I wash it every three days). Switch to a gentle shampoo and try an overnight hot oil treatment.
    Mom_Of_3_Angelz

Answer by Mom_Of_3_Angelz at 12:28 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• A great conditioner on the market is called It's a 10. Love the stuff!
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:19 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Try asking this question to "Nature's Beauty Secrets" by Dawn Gallagher. She is an awesome model, mother, TV host, and personal friend. I guarantee you'll be happy with her advice.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 7:38 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I love Dove's intensive therapy conditioners. I use suave shampoo and follow with this conditioner. Even though it is a deep conditioner, you can use it everyday.
    Bluebird8874

Answer by Bluebird8874 at 3:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I just tried an olive oil treatment and it looks and feels great! Heat up 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil for 20 secs. Wet hair (not soaked) and spread all over your hair, especially the ends. Let sit for 30 minutes and rinse and shampoo out. Condition and style.
    mamasoph

Answer by mamasoph at 5:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I use Pro Naturals Moroccan Oil Hair Treatment with Heat Protector, it helps strengthen the hair that's prone to breakage, splitting or snapping off, gently smoothes the hair and form a protective mist on surface against heat damage, reduces Frizz, leaves hair healthy, shiny and resilient. Check it out at http://www.rylees.ca/pro-naturals-moroccan-oil-hair-treatment-with-heat-protector.html . Hope it helps.
    askvivi

Answer by askvivi at 11:42 AM on Jul. 11, 2011