I could scratch the skin off my hand because it's soo itchy!!!!

litterally! I know dry skins very comon in pregnancies but I think I was bitten but the the hand? don't bugs bite in the softest part of the body? can anyone help me clear this out? please?

vannahbaby213

Asked by vannahbaby213 at 11:51 PM on Jul. 5, 2011 in Health

• why don't you just put some itch cream on it and call it good?
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:53 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I don't own any...
    vannahbaby213

Comment by vannahbaby213 (original poster) at 11:54 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• you could try some baking soda and water if you have any, if its a bug bite it should help. Otherwise moisturize it with lotion or a little bit of olive oil or really any oil you have in the house(minus the engine oil lol)
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:57 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• If it's a bug bite you can try an ice pack as well

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:08 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• hydrocortizone helps and its only 2 at walmart for thier brand. it works with bugs bites, execma, etc
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 12:13 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• omg my hands did this ridiculous shit last night, the only thing that made it stop was brushing it with a nailbrush underwater for like an hour! it was horrible lol
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 12:17 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Try some Euceryn. I use the generic Walmart brand of it in cream form. The lotion is sticky. I'm dealing with itching on my leg with alcohol but it's not from dry skin. The cortizone cream wasn't working. Benedryl spray is good for stopping itch.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:25 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Is dry, itchy skin driving you mad? Soft, smooth skin requires a delicate balance of water and body oils. Thirsty skin can become dry, flaky, itchy, and may even crack -- sort of like dirt on the ground does during a drought.

Quench your dry skin properly, however, and you could prevent the urge to itch. Here are some simple ways to prevent and treat dry,

If you have dry skin, you should slather yourself with moisturizer on a daily basis. It is particularly important to do so immediately after you shower, bathe, or wash your hands, while your skin is still damp. But don't be so quick to grab the first bottle you see. Not all moisturizers are the same. Here's how to choose the best one for dry, itchy skin:

Opt for a moisturizer that is thick, heavy, and gooey. Skin care experts say ointments (called emollients), such as petroleum jelly, are best.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:04 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• cont

They help seal the skin and prevent water loss. But their greasy feel may be a turn-off for some people. Creams are the next best bet. Lotions should be your last resort. These products are mainly water-based, and the water quickly evaporates when applied to the skin. They do less to help lock moisture into your skin.

The moisturizer should be free of dyes, fragrances, and other possible irritants. Make sure the label says the product is hypoallergenic. This means the moisturizer is less likely to cause an allergic reaction, which can make you even itchier.

If a skin cream or ointment isn't available, check your kitchen cupboard for a quick fix. Cooking oils and shortening can work just as well as commercial moisturizers, and are likely less expensive.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:05 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• cont

Frequent hand washing can often lead to dry skin. Place a tube of hand moisturizer (ointment or cream) next to the sink so it is within reach each time you wash your hands.
    Take Shorter Showers

Here's something that might leave you scratching your dry, itchy head: Too much water makes dry skin worse.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:07 AM on Jul. 6, 2011