How long would it take to get approved?

Okau, i'm not sure what they call it in your state. But in Texas we have something Called CHIP Perinatal program for people who make above the income limits for medicaid. I think the chip is a state sponsored program. Anyways i submitted the app last week, adn wondered how long i should wait before calling and checking on it. I don't want to rush them, but i can't go to the doctor untill i get some insurance because i can't afford the visit. I am positive i am pregnant. I am just not sure exactly how far along. I think @6 weeks. How long should i wait before calling them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• here in arkansas we have pregnancy medicade it only took me two weeks to get approved but i have no job and was not married to the babys father at the time. so it may have took longer if i was married and working
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 2:02 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• if u dont know anything by the time ur 8 weeks call them 8 weeks is when u r supposed to start the prenatial visits.
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• here in washington we have the same thing i applied and it took only about 2wks to be apporved and i was married and my husband was working. id say give them a week and then call them in the mean time find a dr and set a apt up it usually take a couple weeks to get you in.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:08 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I am in Texas. You basically need to harass these people! I have a friend that applied when she found out she was pregnant at 2 mos, she didn't get approved until she was 6 mos along! She did what she was told, turn in her application, she only called maybe once or twice. Finally when she felt that something was wrong with the baby she started calling several times a day and with in a week she got approved. I had to do the same thing with my son's Medicaid after he was born. A week after he was born I had his Medicaid number. Unless you are VERY diligent, they won't get back to you when you need it.  Good luck!

Anonymous

• (continued from above...) No doctor would take my friend on as a patient without her having her Medicaid or CHIP card. So for the first 6 1/2 mos of her pregnancy, she couldn't go and see a doctor. We're in the Dallas area if that helps. I had given her my booklets I had gotten from Medicaid so that she could start calling doctors and none would take her.
    Anonymous

• when i did it, it was about 6 wks.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 2:41 PM on Dec. 16, 2008