Ever find it hard to get rid of things from former baby?

Even if your pretty sure you won't use then again? I've got a big box of things that I'm saving for baby number 2 whenever they decide to show up but I can't help but feel that I need to get rid of it but I'm scared of needing it again.

My biggest thing is I'm 99.6% sure that I will not be breastfeeding again and if I do it will not be for very long. But I just can't bring myself to get rid of my hand breast pump(it got me through a lot when dealing with the over supply),my extra large breast shield for it since WIC only get's them occasionally so if I change my mind it would be $12 for more of them,my other supplies like the pads or even that kind of ugly nursing cover that WIC gave me.

Ok so it's mostly my breastfeeding supplies(and a few outfits that he never fit into) but how do you begin to detach the feelings like I might need them? Nursing ended VERY badly for BOTH of us(the final straws were my PPPsychosis and his severe reflux) so honestly I can hardly look at some of this stuff without crying so I need to get rid of at least some of it.

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 12:14 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• I saved dd's stuff (I mean everything!) for a couple of years in the hopes of having another girl. Once that dream was gone, I still had a very hard time getting rid of things. Anytime I would give something to someone, it was like I was giving away a piece of my dd; it was heartbreaking. Even though I gave so much away and sold some stuff too, I still have a TON of stuff to get rid of. It's getting easier but definitely not fun. :(
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 12:18 AM on Jul. 6, 2011