Pregnant within days of mirena removal?

Hello,
I wanted to see if anyone out there has gotten pregnant right after having the Mirena Iud out (hormone one)? I got mine out June 29th and after reading posts on line figured it would take me a couple of cycles to get pregnant. I was not doing anything to prevent pregnancy and have been charting my ovulation...
The Hubby and I had "fun" on the 28th and July 1st then I was shocked to find out that I got a positve ovulation test on 07/02. I know the LH surge is 24 - 48 hours beofe you O but when I got O spotting on 07/02 with a temp rise 07/03 it confirmed my O was 07/02.
I have the sore nipples and the ONLY time that has ever happened was with my previous pregnancy's.
My question is has anyone got pregnant literally right after they got the IUD out? With in days? If so was the pregnancy ok? Also I still have not started my period since the IUD was removed which everything I have read is that it happens almost right

Mommyof2boys595

Asked by Mommyof2boys595 at 12:26 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I became pregnant my first cycle after my removal. I had a positive test about a month after removal.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:28 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I didn't, but I remember my doctor telling me on the way out of the office, "I'll see you next month!" LOL So, I guess it happens a lot.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:58 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I got preg the day after mine was removed. Dd is now a healthy, happy 16 month old:) congratulations!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 7:06 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• its very possible..i had mine removed in aug but went on another type of birthcontrol and stopped taking that in sept or early oct and became perggers in feb...had some werid cycles for awhile but id trust your body if this only happens while your preggers sounds like you just concived your newest member! congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 7:31 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• so weird! i got my iud taken out on june 1st and still have yet to have a period...
    prettynpink343

Answer by prettynpink343 at 2:19 PM on Jul. 6, 2011