Need prayers, quotes, or sayings for death of loved one.

Particularly someone who died young.

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 12:29 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• A Child Loaned "I'll lend you for a little time A child of Mine." He said. "For you to love the while he lives And mourn for when he's dead. It may be six or seven year Or twenty-two or three But will you, till I call him back Take care of him for Me? He'll bring his charms to gladden you And should his stay be brief, You'll have his lovely memories As solace for your grief. I cannot promise he will stay Since all from Earth return, But there are lessons taught down there I want the child to learn. I've looked this wide world over In my search for teacher's true, And from the throngs that crowd life's lanes, I have selected you; Now will you give him all your love, Nor think the labour vain Nor hate Me when I come to call And take him back again? I fancied that I heard them say, "Dear Lord, They will be done, For all the joy Thy child shall bring, For the risk of grief we'll run. We'll shelter him with tenderness,
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 12:36 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• We'll love him while we may, And for the happiness we've known, Forever grateful stay. But should the angels call for him Much sooner than we planned, We'll brave the bitter grief that comes And try to understand.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 12:37 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Death is no more than passing from one room into another. But there's a difference for me, you know. Because in that other room I shall be able to see. ~Helen Keller

Death most resembles a prophet who is without honor in his own land or a poet who is a stranger among his people. ~Khalil Gibran

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

I've told my children that when I die, to release balloons in the sky to celebrate that I graduated. For me, death is a graduation. ~Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Let no one weep for me, or celebrate my funeral with mourning; for I still live, as I pass to and fro through the mouths of men. ~Quintus Ennius

Our dead are never dead to us, until we have forgotten them. ~George Eliot

The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living. ~Marcus Tullius Cicero
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:37 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• :( I'm sorry. Let me google the one we used for my sons daddy. He was 25.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I heard this from somewhere, " A child was given to us and we hoped for a long and happy life with them to see them grow, learn, and to one day to see them married with a family of his/her own. But now, God decided to take him/her to Heaven. Evidently, God had other plans for him/her."
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:15 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

Answer me when i call to you O righteous God; give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer. Psalm 4:1

Do not be afraid for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. Isaiah 43:5

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding; in all ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy path. Prov 3, 5:6

Weeping may remain for a night; but rejoicing comes in the morning. Psalm 30:5

pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 1:25 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Look up the 23 psalm.
    kia420

Answer by kia420 at 1:27 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Love this one-

Song on the Wind
    Take these windchimes that we give you,
    Hang them high up in a tree.
    Let the melody remind you,
    Of the spirit that is he/she.
    He/She would have wanted song,
    To come and fill our days.
    He/She would surely bring you laughter,
    If there was any sort of way.
    If he/she could, he'd/she'd grin that grin of his/hers,
    That crinkled up his/her eyes.
    That somehow owned a twinkle,
    He/She never could disguise.
    There's nothing to replace,
    The one we knew and loved.
    But we can listen for his/her song of joy,
    From the chimes hung up above.
    When you hear the wind pass through them,
    You'll hear a happy sound,
    The notes will fill your heart,
    And you'll know that he/she is around.
    Take these wind chimes that we bring you,
    Let their music fill the air.
    Let them sing a song upon the wind,
    And feel him/her standing there.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 1:37 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Try google search on bereavement poems
    babygoose78

Answer by babygoose78 at 12:35 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I know that Chris Tomlin Song I will rise gave me such peace after a death in my family and I can only imagine.. but I am a very musically driven person..thats what speaks to me
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 10:48 AM on Jul. 6, 2011