So proud of me.... sort of a vent.

My Mom had kept it secretive that my older sister came down to visit her. I am over 200 miles from my Mom anyways. But I was finally told today after all their time hanging out that she was down there. She was so smug while telling me their plans to go out to the pier. She even boasted about my older sister's husband paying $200.00 for something. But seriously, no matter what my Mom says my Hubby and I aren't going to race down there and spend our money to get her on our side. My Mom either likes me for me or she just doesn't. But on the bright side of things my Mom did call me, even though I knew my sister was there for three days already, ( younger sister purposely posted it on facebook), and I had to go so I could meet my friend for coffee when she called. I called my Mom back and left a message. Later she tried to call while I was on the other line but I could not answer because I was scheduling a doctor's appointment and she accused me of trying to avoid her or better yet driving down there because she said my sister was there. Oh well... I guess they all have guilty consciences.

Technically I survived their little game because I had appointments and had to make appointments. So I could not pay attention to them or their phone calls.

I also got a lot done today.

SeasideNative

Asked by SeasideNative at 12:42 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• whats the history here? Why is she trying to get u two to one up each other?
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:53 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Considering the distance that you are from your Mom, I know it's hard to just drop everything and go down there. My sister lives three hours from where I live. My mother lives in the same town as I do. I go over there most days. Five or six days out of the week to check on her and make sure that if she needs anything that she will get it. My sister on comes up Three to four times a year and comes up and goes back the same day, (I'm not telling you to do that). I couldn't do that myself. That's too much driving for me, especially in one day.

The point I'm trying to make is, if your older sister plans to come up, either your mom or your younger sister should let you know (or your older sister for that matter), that way you can make plans ahead of time to come up and spend a little time with the both of them. It was rude because they should have told you ahead of time. I would make a point to tell one of them that.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:09 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• My sister's husband recently came into $80,000.00. And my Mom thinks my husband is cheap.
    My mom likes money! She tried convincing me it would cost $5.00 a week to get a school menu from my daughter's school. I knew something was up when she insisted I give her the money and not call the school to ask. I called and asked and was told I could get it over the internet for free.
    Then there is the time she advised me to steal my husband's money so I could give it to her to hold.
    Then there is the time she told my daughter to say she was her mom, so my mom could file for a welfare check.
    SeasideNative

Comment by SeasideNative (original poster) at 1:11 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Thanks for the advice message... but I just choose to stay away because they play dirty. I usually get my feelings very hurt otherwise! And I tried talking before, they told me to cowboy up.
    SeasideNative

Comment by SeasideNative (original poster) at 1:13 AM on Jul. 6, 2011