Why do people say that the mother's who gave their children up for adoption were the most responsible, out of the TEEN MOMS on TEEN MOM?

I couldn't imagine giving my son up for adoption, so to do it must have been undeniably hard, but how does that make someone the most responsible, it's a parental choice, just like chosing to raise your child is a parental choice, I think both are responsible choices. The irresponsible choice would be like, Jenelle, keeping child and not taking care of child.

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 12:50 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Entertainment

• I don't watch the show but I feel the same way about adoption. i thought adoption was my only "real" choice when I was pregnant. It was just pushed on me so much- abortion or adoption. My third choice wasn't mentioned much. people present Adoption as the cure-all solution- You can be young, the baby is cared for and adoptive parents have a child. the thing is, you don't stop feeling like a mom when you give the baby up. I made the right, responsible choice for me- parenting my baby.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 1:23 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• The irresponsible choice would be like, Jenelle, keeping child and not taking care of child.

^^ Exactly, you said so yourself. It's responsible because they realize that they are unable to raise the child, they are accepting their shortcomings and doing what's best for the child. That's very responsible and courageous to me.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:52 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Because statistically, children who are adopted by people who have money for adoption end up better off than children raised by teen mothers.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 12:52 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I agree with you. It's not the best or necessarily the most responsible decision in every situation.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 1:11 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• i agree i'm 17 will be 18 on the 14th 30 weeks and 1 day along in my pregnancy with my baby boy married have our own place and everything and we can be responsible if we keep our kid but tyler and catlyn made the right choice for them in my opinion it had to have been really hard i couldn't even imagine
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 12:54 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• statistically speaking all rich kids do better than middle and lower class, so should we all give our babies to rich people?
    Jenelle was just one example, not many of the teens were that bad, well there is amber. The rest sacrificed to do what they needed.
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 12:56 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• um it is responsible. It is a huge decision and they are being responsible for giving that child a life much better
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 12:59 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I guess the thing that gets me is that because it was best for Tyler and Catelynn, that doesn't mean it is best for all people. Children who have been adopted have their own set of battles to conquer as well. That Idea is pushed on many teens, get pregnant, give your baby up. Someone told me I should do that so I could be young still, guess what? Never spoke to them again. I gave up being young when I spread my legs and made a baby.

Now my baby boy is wonderful, loved, interracted with, taught, I am still able to pursue my education, I am in my Junior year at a University, I am 19, my son is almost 20mos, and we are doing damn good.
    But giving him up would have been more responsible? idk about that for me. When that thought came across my head during pregnancy I felt selfish and immediately ignored it. Like I would be depriving my son of all the love in the world. the love from his mother.
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 1:04 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I just get disgusted when Dr. Drew gives Tyler and Catelynn so much props, but then when the other moms come on he scrutenizes them and points out everything 'bad' they do, even if they are doing plenty good. It's so annoying to me/.
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 1:15 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• It's mostly because they are so damn young, honey. There is a huge difference between getting pregnant at 16 and getting pregnant at 18. For one, by the time you're 18, you can get a job, most people are done with high school, you can have your own place, and such. In other words you can be self sufficient and support yourself and perhaps a child. But at sixteen, where can you work other than a fast food place that pays crappy minimum wage? I was 17 when I had my first daughter...turned 18 a month later...got married a month after that. However, if I could go back and do it all again, I would not start having kids so young. There is no way you can convince anyone that it is responsible to have kids when you're so young...as for Caitlynn giving up her child, she did the hardest thing I can imagine, but it was the right choice for her, and by far more responsible than keeping her child when she knew she couldn't provide for her.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 1:56 AM on Jul. 6, 2011