I keep running into people with this attitude

Mostly online so that usually doesn't mean a whole lot but I want peoples opinion.
Do you look down on an elected for repeat c-section in women who've had a previous c-section?
This is assuming that the person has been informed of the potential risks of either option but still prefer the c-section. I can't be the only person who feels that it should be totally a mother's choice as long as it's not inherently dangerous to try a VBAC(You know vertical scar,placenta previa etc etc) or dangerous to go with a c-section(blood clotting disorders etc).

I'm fully informed I've done all the research (in depth) and still don't feel that a VBAC is right for me, period. Does that cause any issues for you?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 1:02 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• Sweetie, its your body and your baby. I am not going to judge you for having a c section. No one else should either. They dont know you or your situation.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 1:05 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• nope, I don't think how you chose to have your child is any of my business. I had an epidural that was my choice...numb from the waist down worked great for me but its not for everyone. As long as you're not endangering your child give birth however you feel comfortable momma!
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 1:05 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I honestly don't care. I would hope to never get a C-section, or need one, but if you had a c-section with your first, thats all you know, just like I had vaginal with my first, thats all I know. Although, I am considering a water birth for my next baby, whenever that is.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:19 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I don''t think anyone one should be judging you for your decision on how to bring a child int this world. you are the one who had to go through the pain and risks associated. You know what you can handle. A vaginal birth can be very risky; long; exhausting: and extremely painful. Sometimes I think I would have rather had a c-section and not had to go through the pain. But then again I a petrified of being put to sleep or having a needle stuck in my spine!

My first son got stuck in the birth canal under my pelvic bone. Second was induced; no pain medication so it hurt; but was tolerable. My daughter came so fast that I didn't have time for a pain reliever and it hurt like hell! She broke my pelvic bone and she tore me pretty bad! I have a high tolerance for pain but would never wish the experience I had birthing her on anyone.

Mom_Of_3_Angelz

Answer by Mom_Of_3_Angelz at 4:49 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• There are people who want to feel superior for making a particular choice. I think people that put that much weight in a choice tend to need the ego boost and their disdain or judgement has more to do with their own issues than yours or mine.

You have made an educated choice. You have elected a path that is right for you and your family. What's the issue? Good luck!
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 7:06 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• there are people that will judge for everthing. but i have found that when it comes to me c-sections the biggest judgment i got was from myself. i hated that i had them. do what is right for your body and your baby. if you feel you are making the best decision then thats what matters.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 9:01 AM on Jul. 6, 2011