Are nursing bras really necessary? Did/do you use them?

???

justme782

Asked by justme782 at 1:16 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It's a necessity to me, think of how often you will be nursing, it's worth the extra feel dollars to me.
    Pamarita

Answer by Pamarita at 8:46 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I bought large sports bras for $5 a piece my first time breastfeeding. They worked really well, but I breastfed until my dd was 20 months old and my sister made fun of me when she came to visit asking when I was going to get rid of the uno boob. So, this time I found nursing bras on walmart.com for $10 a piece. Yes, slightly more expensive, but it will spare my husband the uno boob wife for the next two years :P
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 2:44 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I used them because I t was so much easier then having to remove my bra or trying to pull my boob out!
    Mom_Of_3_Angelz

Answer by Mom_Of_3_Angelz at 4:35 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• with my dd i did not use one just got a really good sports bra...with this one i do have one and i love it!!! it has sooooo much more support that i wish i would have had one with my 1st. they can get expensive and ive only bought one so far but i think its worth it
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 7:27 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I didn't just a get a nice flexible bra, one that the cup can crase down to expose the breast, and save your $$. Get a soft cup, no wire, until your engorgement is over, this is when the Breast Milk comes in and your boobs swell up and harder, no bra is preferable in that time period. And then once your breasts have evened out go for an underwire.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:21 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• nope. they're pretty silly.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 1:21 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• Very helpful. I highly recommend Bravardo. A bit pricey but so comfortable.
    Amr515

Answer by Amr515 at 1:22 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• I use them. Mostly the sports style and sleeping bras though. The ones I use do not have underwires, but they are very convenient.
    Queenie_Mab

Answer by Queenie_Mab at 1:24 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• i didnt! but i was a sahm so it was easy to just flop it out and go to town!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 1:45 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• They may not be necessary but they sure do help alot make things easier. Sleep bras are fabulous for the early days when you are leaking loads. I slept with a small towel in mine (sexy :0). Go for comfort ones with stretchy fabric not the made to look like regular ones with firm cups (yak). It really would be a treat worth having. They can last for a few years if need be. x
    Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 6:39 AM on Jul. 6, 2011