Why am I the only one happy about the baby?

We found out about being pregnant about a week ago and no one is happy except me!!??
My husband says he really doesnt want it.. When I told my mom she was like great just what you need. We have a 2.5 year old our own home we have 2 cars. I mean it couldnt be better. But everytime I bring up baby talk with my husband his whole mood changes and he gets quiet.
I told him we can't ignore or avoid the fact of me being pregnant as I will be showing and baby will be here in aug.
When I start to become excited about having another I get depressed about the way my Husband feels.
He knows I WILL NOT abort or give it up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• And you shouldnt have too. I read your other post a few days ago and it made me sad for you. Because the one person (even if no one else does) that is suppose to care and be happy is your hubby/ SO. Has he said why he doesnt want it?
    Anonymous

• sometimes people just need time to adjust. I hope that is all it is! My aunt wasn't happy about my second child and still ignores him to this day (he just turned on) she spend $150 on my oldest for his bday and didnt buy the baby anything for chirstmas.
    ON THE OTHER HAND!!!
    My mom wasnt really thrilled at first..... but now she and the baby are like two peas in a pod!!
    so good luck, hopefully it will pass
    lonelymommyof2

Answer by lonelymommyof2 at 2:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Oh sweety, I feel you. When I became pregnant with my twins, my oldest was only 4 months old. They then came two months early. So we had 3 babies in one year. Then, when my oldest was 18 months, I became pregnant with my fourth! My husband hit the roof. But, it's not like I impregnanted myself! I was soo afraid he wouldn't love the last baby, or treat him well. It all change when he was born. He secretly became my dh's favorite.

I think the thought of MORE responsibility scares most men. He'll get used to the idea.
    PS... my MIL also stated that we didn't need any more children. Not her business, not her life, not her family. =)
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 2:25 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Did you and your husband talk about having another baby?

How is it all the women get pregnant and their husbands have no idea how it happened?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:31 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• i remember reading your post also the other day why doesn't he want another child it takes to 2 tango he should be happy
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 2:40 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My husband wanted our baby, and the baby was something we'd planned, but he didn't have the same excitement that I did, and he was kind but just not "into" a baby at first. It wasn't until the baby smiled and cooed at him that his Daddy instincts kicked in. So maybe once the little one comes your husband will come around, also. It is early yet. Maybe he is worried about the economic situation or some other issue.

Answer by Bmat at 3:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Your husband and mother are not being supportive and I cannot say why?!...that's truly sad and messed up! I'm so sorry. I hope you can stay positive and be happy. Just know you can do it whether you have their support or not. Stay strong. Good Luck.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 3:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• he is probaly just nervous. My Dh and i planned our second baby and he is still nervous but now that I am due to pop anyday he is handleing things better and is excited. Give his some time. I did not read your other post but if you want to talk in private you can message me. I would be glad to talk or just be there to listen anytime you want. Good luck
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 3:26 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I understand how you feel. I am not in the best situation and ended up pregnant while on contraceptives. It is not the greatest time and I am not happy because im scared, but........i want to be, but i know i can't count on the father to be there for me. I am 11 wks and have not told my mother yet. The reason..................she was just like your mom the first time i had a baby. I want to have her in my corner and excited, it would make me feel better and more excited, but the reality is that she will not be supportive and very negative about it. It only adds to my agony at this time. I feel for you.
    boy_or_girl

Answer by boy_or_girl at 3:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2008