I had my tubes tied 9 years ago and now I want to have a baby. My insurance does not cover the reversal, so do you think in vitro is an option for me and can I use my own eggs?

in vitro and tube reversals

georgie70girl

Asked by georgie70girl at 2:23 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• yes you can use your own eggs and also intro would be a option. you dont need your tubes untied to carry a baby just a healthy uterus so i wouldnt think it would be a issue just talk to your dr.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:26 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• i do know it's costly to do it that wasy or either way for that matter, but yes u can do it you go girl!
    Anonymous

• I am pretty sure they'd need to do a reversal to harvest your eggs?
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• In Vitro can work, and I think the odds of sucess are better than tubal reversal. However, it may cost just as much if not more. You can probably use your own eggs, but your doctor will have to evaluate that before you get started.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:37 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Is the reversal surgery less money than invitro? Will your insurance cover invitro?
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:51 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• They can take the eggs directly from your ovaries!! Good luck
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:11 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• i would totally ask your Dr.
    Anonymous

• I was going to say, my doctor's office a reversal is $6,000 and my in vitro was twice that (and failed, to let you know) At least you can try as much as you want after a reversal...when you're looking at over 10k a pop for in vitro with no guarantees, it can get scary.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:46 PM on Dec. 16, 2008