VENT: Your kid does not have ADD, stop telling him that, and stop telling other ppl. sheesh

do you know anyone who goes around telling ppl that their kid has ADD?

do you know anyone who has a kid who clearly doesn't have ADD but sits there and swear he does?

Two cases that annoy me:

Case #1 my aunt, her son was said to have ADD, his doctor over medicated him, and now he is a teen with a severe chemical imbalance.  The new doctor was appauled with how much medication my cousin was on. Listen here Aunite, My cousin didn't even have ADD, he was just a normal boy, now he is going have nuts because his brain is all screwed up.  Thanks a lot, Lazy ass.  The whole family is annoyed with her. 

Case #2: Hubs, friends, girlfriend.  SIngle mother of one boy, barely has the kid as it is but when the boy s around she just wants him to be still/.  Now he is 4 and has ADD.  WTF stop watching these commercials, your son is normal, kids have energy, boys have testosterone, which creates more energy, not fkn ADD, now this kid is about to be medicated.

I say, if your boys cant be boys and you expect them to be dainty, get a reality check. Boys have testosterone in their body, look up what testosterone is, how the levels change as boys grow older, how it effects the males, and stop drugging your children.  UGGHH

Take them to the park and let them go crazy and run around. Thats all they need.  They will literally be happy running around in cirlces around a playground.  You just sit on your butt and watch if you don't want to join.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• I wish they would too, they give the ones who do have it a bad name and no one believes them because of the overuse of it.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 2:56 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• there are a few people who i know are using adhd to explain away lack of discipline and many more who are not.
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 1:53 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• just these 2 lol, I know some kids and adults have ADD and it is legit, you can tell.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:53 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• So you're a psychologist or their doctors have told you that these kids don't have ADD? Do you not believe period or just in these two situations?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Jul. 6, 2011