What if!!

If your Mom , Dad , sister, brother, or Husband. Did not say on a regular basis I love you. Would you think they didn't?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• There is old saying that goes:

"Actions speak louder than words."

Some people are the "huggy kissy" type, and others show their love by their actions rather than their words. The huggy-kissy types who throw the "L word" around constantly, IMO, "water down" its meaning. Those who SHOW their love earn my unwavering respect.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:50 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• no because i know they do they don't have to say it they can just show it
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 2:36 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• i am the type that has to hear it!
    Anonymous

• i would think it was weird only because we have ALWAYS done it lol and if for some reason they just stopped, then something would be up. but thats only because we have always done it. when going to bed when getting off the phone, when they are leaving even if we saw them for just a few minutes... i guess we are a loving family? lol
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I am the verbal type as well, I want to hear it or I stop thinking they do! Me and my SO go over this all the time!!!!!!!
    shauna9909

Answer by shauna9909 at 2:40 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• No. I know they love me. They don't have to say it over and over again. I do love hearing it from DH, though.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 2:40 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My mom didnt tell us that regularly til I was in my 20s. I knew she did it just wasnt her thing to say it.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 2:43 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• my hubby is the only one that says it to me, as a kid i never heard "i love you" or said it, so its wierd just saying it to him when he says it to me. i know my parents and sis loves me even though they never say it, so its more of a feeling then actually saying it.
    i even dont say it to my kids, i think its because of the way i grew up!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I would assume they didn't love me.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My family NEVER says it to eachother. But I say it all the time to my children, SO and even my friends!! But not to my brother, mom or dad. We just were not raised that way
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 3:10 PM on Dec. 16, 2008