my sister is living w/ me and she is baby sitting my 5 month old baby for just this week, from 8 :30 am to 6:30 pm from monday thru friday, she doesn't want to get paid but i know she deserves payment, how much should i pay her? help please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At least $100.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I lived with my sister right b4 I had my son and she has 3 kids 4 5 and 8 and I would watch them all the time and keep the home clen, but I did not pay bills or work my doc said I was not to be working so she helped us out by letting us live with here, If your sistters does not work or pay bills I think you should not pay her your helping her out right now and it make her fell good to help you out, but if she helping out with Bills I would say $100 for the week
    st_tinkerbell

Answer by st_tinkerbell at 1:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• A $100 BILL UNDER HER PILLOW WOULD BE A NICE THING TO SAY THANK YOU. OR YOU COULD JUST TAKE HER OUT TO DINNER.
    Anonymous

• Not for nothing, but if you were to but her in daycare they would charge minimum $90 for a full week like that, and that's cheap, but that's a start. I'm sure she would appreciate whatever you could do for her. If she doesn't want money, maybe you could give her a gift card to a place she frequents (food,gas, clothing)
    rainbowmomof4

Answer by rainbowmomof4 at 1:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I would at least take her out to dinner every once in awhile and get a card that says thank you. I know daycare around where I live is 254 dollars a week and that's saving you a lot of money!
    Show your appreciation because I know I would love to have someone like that for me!
    Babyduche

Answer by Babyduche at 1:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I pay $30.00/day or $110.00 for the week. Give her what you can give her as thank you, give her a card, write her a note of your appreciation. Do something special for her...
    tngal

Answer by tngal at 1:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• i would say $50...she's not expecting payment and $50 is about half of what you would pay for childcare anywhere else, so you're both meeting in the middle
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 1:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Where are these daycares that are $110/wk.....
    mine is $230 per week!!!!!!!!!
    I agree that something would be nice but obviously not necessary. If you are letting her live with you for the week - her babysitting could be considered a form of rent... but I would still do something nice for her.
    Sophiasmom119

Answer by Sophiasmom119 at 2:02 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Wow! My sister is helping us out for July & maybe August for $500/wk!
    soulshine99

Answer by soulshine99 at 2:07 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I understand how your sister feels. I take care of my new grandaughter and I could never take money for watching her. It feels strange to take money to watch your own family. Do something special for your sister once in a while. Taking the time to show her how much she is appreciated is payment enough. This really goes a long way,Much better than money
    Barb947

Answer by Barb947 at 9:21 AM on Jun. 20, 2008