Question on menstruation

My period has never been regular or normal. I used to have a period that was 9 days long and only occured about ever 3 months. I now have a cycle that is regular it happens every 23-27 days but instead of bleeding like normal I spot for 4 days and it's mostly brown not red. It's been like this since February which complicates that we are trying to conceive again we have been for 10months now but it took us a year last time so I guess I didn't think much of it.
Does this count as a normal regular period and I've just nerver had one before or what else could this be? And do you know of anything that might help this?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 1:49 AM on Jul. 6, 2011 in Health

• since I first got my period at age 13 mine has never been regular. I started taking birth control in college and for the first time I had a regular cycle. I went off the pill and my cycle went back to its normal irregularity. Then i had my daugter and once my period started again, it was actually regular for a year or so and now its back to irregular. It's really annoying not to know when it's coming. When I was a teenager it was always really heavy and now I have about a day ofsemi-heavy and then maybe 2 days of spotting. I think it is just your body's changing chemistry. I think it is normal and the only thing that I know of that will regulate your cycle is birth control, but obviously you are trying to conceive so that won't help. I acutally have the opposite problem, I am nt ready for another baby, but haven't gone back on the pill because every kind that I have tried has made me sick (chaning body chemistry again?). So
    Bluebird8874

Answer by Bluebird8874 at 8:42 AM on Jul. 6, 2011

• long story short, but I think this is your normal period for now and if it keep interferring your trying to conceive ask your doc for some medical tips on trying to regulate it.
    Bluebird8874

Answer by Bluebird8874 at 8:44 AM on Jul. 6, 2011