Whats the best way to get a 2 yr old to take a nap at the same time?

Iv just been letting my 2 yr old take a nap whenever she feels like it. But I need to get a nap routine as well as a bedtime routine.. help.

1blessedmommie.

Asked by 1blessedmommie. at 2:46 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• For bed time try baths and a massage it worked for me but you have to be faithful to the routine everyday... johnson and johnson has a bed time bath and lotion to help for nap time you can do the bath thing too depends on your schedule if it works out. Baths always tire my son out. Maybe add a book to the bed time routine
    OXyungmamaXO

Answer by OXyungmamaXO at 2:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Take your daughter and put her in her bed at, let say 1 pm. Do that every day. She will get into a routine.

Answer by louise2 at 3:00 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I agree with Louise2. You need to decide on a nap, bed, and wake up time for her and stick to it. It shouldn't take long for her to get used to the new routine.

My two year old twins wake each day between 6 and 7. They go down for their nap at 1 and go to bed at 7. (Actually at 7p.m. we say "time to brush your teeth". They brush teeth, we put them in their cribs, I read to them, hugs, kisses, and lights out. The whole process takes about 15-20 min and they're usually asleep a few minutes after lights out.)
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 3:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• hmm i am in the same boat, i'm about to put her in mommy's day out...she used to want to take her naps at 6pm, and would go to sleep around 11:30 at night. I started to wake her up @ 6:45 & give her a bath (it is the only thing that will keep her up) now she naps earlier, but never at the same time...=o/
    CheLLe8

Answer by CheLLe8 at 3:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I have the same issue with my daughter, I really need her to get into a routine. But she never wants to sleep.
    And I feel guilty... Just letting her fall asleep whenever.
    TheTara

Answer by TheTara at 3:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My 2yr old dont take a nap. because if i let him fall asleep when he wanted to that would be at like 5-6pm and his bed time is at 7:30 and I cant get him to take one at any other timeso he just dont take them
    Anonymous

• My daughter is 2 and I do the same routine during nap time that I do during bed time. She takes her nap around 1.
    Jordyn1202

Answer by Jordyn1202 at 9:12 PM on Dec. 16, 2008